With over 20 years accounting experience, Accountancy Assistance Ltd. has provide book-keeping and accounting solutionsfor small to medium businesses.
Welcome to the Accountancy Assistance Ltd. web site. To view mobile site, click here
Here you will find help with many financial aspects of day to business and the services we can offer.
Accountancy Assistance Ltd. was formed with the specific intention
to help businesses, who experience problems with book keeping and accounting problems.
Based in Bolton in the North West of England, we are a local company with our accountancy services reaching the whole of
We are here to resolve YOUR accountancy problems.
Our experience stretches more that 20 years working within
industries such as retailers, manufacturers, transport and
elderly homes and many more.
We undertake to complete books and accounts for both limited companies and small traders as well as contractors and other organisations.
Many accounting problems are faced by business, but the most common is that of badly organised paperwork and the accounting of the financial transactions.
Just use the links above to navigate around our site.
Any question please email us.
About Accountancy Assistance
- Maintain a good standard to your books and records as this will assist your business and will help should you require bank or other finance. Or indeed help you in the management of the business.
- However the last thing you want in your business is to have your valuable time and resources tied up with routine bookkeeping and accounting, which is what we do.
- Get the right people to do the right job and you will reap the rewards.
- There are many computer packages in the market place. Do be careful in choosing the package that is most suitable to your business. We have seen many examples of traders buying packages that are “over the top” for them and are not required. The example of “using a sledgehammer to crack a nut” comes to mind.
Accountancy Assistance use qualified accountants who oversee our work to ensure accuracy and we provide either a pickup and delivery service in addition to our freepost service.
Help & Advice
For those people thinking of setting up in business.
Spend time on your accounting function.
We all spend a great deal of time, and money, on things like advertising, sales and marketing (items that will generate sales). How many of us spend time and effort creating internal systems to deal with the flow of paperwork?
There are many products and services in the market place that all do similar jobs, but they may not all do what you (the company) want them to do.
So how do you choose the right product for your company?
• Ask your accountant
• Ask me-after all, as a book keeper this is what I work with all day
• Think about what you want to achieve from
• Costs (Include the cost of setting up)
• Do I need it, or can I manage without it for immediate future?
Think of your internal systems and ensure that they are capable of expanding with your business.
If you feel that it is necessary, but don’t know which company to help I have an excellent company, who specialise in this type of work.
Our experienced and friendly staff focus on the client’s needs, and the systems and processes required meet the highest quality standards.
The benefits for your business are:
• Sick leave & training costs
• National Insurance costs
Requirement for resources such as; Office space, Equipment & Infrastructure.
Payroll Preparation -
Administering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome, even if you have only a few employees. Consistently changing regulations mean that you are required to update your software and staff training. The penalty regime is becoming increasing tougher to comply with and more expensive, if you fail.
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, including:
The cost of Accountancy Assistance undertaking the work could result in overall savings to your business due to allowing you and your staff to concentrate their efforts and your resources into the core operations of your business.
- Administration of PAYE, national insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay, etc
- Completion of statutory forms, including, year- end returns, to issue to your employees and submit to HMRC
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
What are the options?
1.You can process the employees yourself. This means time taken away from running your business.
2. You can ask your accountant to process them.
- Learning the payroll processes
- Learning current legislation regarding the minimum wage
- Dealing directly with the Inland Revenue.
3. You can find a payroll bureau to do it for you Usually bureaus will have minimum number charge.
- What is the cost of this?
- Is there a minimum charge?
- Is it cost effective?
By using our payroll service we undertake to:-
- Process payments (taken from your instructions) of hours worked either weekly or monthly
- Calculate gross payments accordingly.
- Net to gross calculations as required. (This is where the employer pays a net payment but pays the employees tax and NIC on their behalf)
- Calculate deductions of tax and National Insurance
- All payslips and required reports are sent to you by email or fax if required
- Advise you of the net payments to be made to the employees
- We advise you of payments to be made to the Inland Revenue by the due dates
- At the end of the tax year we provide completed P60’s for your staff
- We complete the necessary Inland Revenue year end returns on your behalf.
Prices for our payroll services are charged on a sliding scale, for either weekly or monthly and are charged for "per processing period"
Prices for P11D calculations and completion are available on application.
Quotations - Do you find your customers requesting quotations, before you start work?
A quotation is a financial document sent from supplier to customer regarding a service (s) to be provided. It's also called as temporary financial document for negotiations.
"A statement of price, terms of sale, and description of goods or services offered by a supplier to a prospective purchaser, a bid. When given in response to an inquiry, a quotation often is considered an offer to sell."
A quotation is different to an estimate as an estimate is only a “ball park” figure and does not commit either party. It is an idea of price not a quotation which would be a binding figure.
This is terminology, but is a necessary requirement to ensure that both supplier and customer know exactly what is to be completed and what price they are going to pay.
Many self-employed proprietors will rely on verbal communication instead of actually preparing a written quotation.
The advantages of a written quote are:-
- You know exactly what price you are going to charge.
- Your customer knows exactly what price they are going to pay.
- You and they know, exactly what work is going to be carried out.
- It safeguards against extras which the customer may be expecting, but you have not priced for.
- It sets out what you are going to do.
Accountancy Assistance take what you're saying verbally, and transform this into a formal quotation, using your own letterhead.
Your customer may take you up on your “quotation”, but while they make a decision you can concentrate on other work, without forgetting the prices quoted or the work required.
Self-employed people, may not either have time, nor the inclination to raise invoicing correctly.
Are you aware of a number of statutory requirements in this area?
Accountancy Assistance try to ensure that all our customers keep within the rules associated with all invoicing.
- Your company registration number (if applicable) must be clearly marked
- Company VAT number must be clearly visible
- Date and Tax points should be shown
- Where unit prices are charged you must show the VAT on the total price
- VAT rate charged must be shown.
We can do this for you. You tell us what and who to invoice and we do it, supplying all copies to you.
By us producing your invoicing, you will give your customer more confidence in your professionalism.
Accountancy Assistance will undertake your bookkeeping for you to allow you to concentrate on the areas of business you are good at. This can be done on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis and done in conjunction with preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
With Accountancy Assistance, you can be confident that the records are accurate and up to date. The regular bookkeeping will significantly reduce the work needed for the preparation of the Annual Accounts.
Book-keeping, as we all know is tedious, frustrating and doesn’t make a profit. However it is necessary in order to maintain good relationships with all the people you deal with.
Accountancy Assistance are here to help you.
Our experienced personnel process the information you send into our accounting software and as our name suggests, we help you with these accounting problems.
We process all your supplier invoices and from your payment records we ensure the balances are kept up to date.
The process is straightforward and simple and is usually hassle free.
- We will assess the clients requirements, usually by a site visit or by some other method, so that we can assess what are the best systems to meet the clients’ needs.
- We will confirm the client’s requirements (by phone/email) and the price which you will pay.
- We will agree a method of collection or by electronic method of collection of data.
- We will explain comprehensively what will be expected from the client and what he can expect from us.
- If collection is to be dealt with by post then pre-paid envelopes are provided within our services.
- If collection is to be by hand then we will agree a day/date for this collection to begin.
- We will then start to work on the client’s files, by setting up our systems to deal with your data.
- We will complete our tasks as soon as possible, after the receipt of the data.
- On completion we will return your files to your office for storage.
- On completion we will also provide you with reports which you request.
Management Accounting -
Decision making requires information!
Accountancy Assistance will begin by discussing with you; your specific needs. The preparation of the management accounts will be achieved by the skills of our staff to extract the necessary information from your records.
Tailoring your procedures and controls will improve the information provided to us.
Production of the Book-keepers figures are not the end of the process. The figures need to be interpreted and we have accountants on hand who have years of experience in advising businesses.
Regular management accounts to keep you informed on essential areas such as:
- Performance ratios
- Credit control
- Budget comparisons
We produce management figures in order to help the business in their decision making process and can be provided within our range of services.
Construction industry Scheme
The construction industry is one of the most volatile sectors in the UK economy, and therefore requires both careful planning and advice required to maintain efficiency and competitiveness.
Our major client is a contractor to the chemical and food industries and as such we have gained years of experience in this sector. We have an understanding of the specific problems faced within these industries and can help in many areas bringing together sectors of business in order to recommend effective solutions.
We work with you to help you optimise your performance through assistance on funding, planning, cashflow and payroll services, etc. We help you through the maze of regulations imposed on the industry, helping you to minimise your compliance costs, and furthermore to help you to build a successful future.
We help with your CIS returns and HMRC verification procedures and your monthly returns that are now required to be submitted online.
We are here to assist you in all your accounting needs
Testimonials - You now know a little about us, so what do our customers have to say about Accountancy Assistance?
Jacksons – Chartered Accountants
“instrumental in rebuilding their Sage Line 50 accounting package; introduced effective financial controls; no hesitation, where appropriate, in either using, or recommending his services”
From Barlow Andrews – Chartered Accountants
“We have no hesitation in recommending Accountancy Assistance in respect of bookkeeping and accountancy services.
We have dealt with him in respect of mutual clients, for a number of years and have always found him accurate and efficient in his work and very pleasant in all his dealings with ourselves and his clients”
From Bolton Sign Contractors Ltd (Manufacturer)
“he has helped our accounts staff understand the need for good accounting policies; They have run our quarterly directors meetings; produced management figures both timely and accurately;
They have produced our final accounts in readiness for our statutory audit; We would have no hesitation in recommending his services as they have helped us to achieve our aims and increase our trade accordingly”
From Coveleaf Ltd (Residential Homes)
“been our company accountant since 1996”
“During this time they have worked on our payroll and accounts, producing our final accounts in preparation for our accountants; the information supplied is both accurate and informative”
NIC International Ltd.
"Nic International has been using the services of Accountancy assistance for the past 5 years. Henry and his team have been the backbone of our company and has always assisted us with many day to day financial tasks."
Tax Assist Accountants
"The service I have received from Accountancy Assistance I have found to be very professional and always on time. Our work is date driven and I can always rely on AA to deliver the work on time to enable us to meet our strict deadlines and avoid the penalties imposed by HMRC and Companies House.
The flexibility offered is essential to fit the needs of our small business clients and our own business. I have worked with AA for five years and find the service they offer fits perfectly with the needs of my clients and my business."
MW Flooring Ltd.
"We have used the services of Accountancy Assistance Ltd now since we started our business. The complete all our paperwork for us from our quotations through to our management accounts, together with our payroll.
During this time we have forged a close relationship with them and have been completely satisfied with the services that they provide.
Fortis Professional Services Ltd.
"Many clients come to us to complete their accounts and often we are asked if we would recommend a local book-keeper or somebody who can run their accounts package and generally help us with our accounts function.
Finding the right people to do this job can be very exhausting, but after using Accountancy Assistance Ltd for a number of years now, we find their standard of work is extremely high because they are methodical in their approach to accounts work. This is most refreshing and we wish that all our clients would work to their standard as this would help everyone and save themselves a lot of money in the long term.
They are not inexpensive, but their services are value for money and from the time that we have been dealing with them have found them to be timely, accurate, and forthcoming with the answers that we have requested. "
Contact Accountancy Assistance Ltd.
1-3 Parkfield Road
Tel: 0161 408 3324
Fax: 03333 441 600
Mobile: 00 44 7532 353 348
Email: Henry Grady - Managing Director
We can offer many services from basic book-keeping services through to management accounting, and if you feel you need help in any aspect of accounts work then please feel free to give us a call. If we are not at our desks then we will be helping others in their daily work. Then leave us a message and we will return your call as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
We don’t charge for talking to people – only for work that we do